Poetry collaboratives, “flash poetry,” workshops, hikes, excursions, and creativity sessions for schools, libraries, and organizations.
Illuminated Words: A Writing Circle
Illuminated Words is a community of writers that meets at the historic Carson McCullers House of Nyack for regular writing circles, which include generative writing prompts and time to share with a warm and supportive community. Facilitated by Anupama Amaran, MFA, and Lily Greenberg, MFA. No experience needed, all levels welcome. Admission is $10.
– The Carson McCullers House, 131 S. Broadway, Nyack
– Thursdays at 7pm; 6-week session starts May 11 and ends June 15
Artist Talk & Mingle with A. Anupama – a watercolor and poetry herbarium series
Join me for an art reception with discussion of artistic process and a walk through the Nyack Library gallery spaces to see my current installation.
– The Nyack Library, 59 S. Broadway, Nyack
– Friday June 16 at 4:30pm in the Community Room
Rockland Arts Festival | Writers’ Roundtable
Tuesday, February 7th, 2023 @ 7pm EST. Join an active online discussion with five accomplished writers.
Learn about their works, explore their inspirations, understand publishing and improve your writing skills!
– A. Anupama, Author/Poet of ‘Saffron Threaded’
– Peter Danish, Author of Amazon #1 Bestseller, ‘I’ll Give You Five Minutes’
– Betsy Franco Feeney, Children’s Author of ‘Jewels of the Sea’
– Sheri Lynn Fishbach, Editor & Author of ‘Dex’
– Susan Justiniano, Poet Laureate of Jersey City
– John Calixte, Radio Broadcaster & Host
Register here for this free Zoom event.
Nyack Poetry Walk | Insta Poetry Meetup
Sunday April 24 at 1pm. Meet me in front of Bari restaurant in Nyack for a scavenger-hunt style walk around the village. We will talk about Insta-poetry and try our hands at making some, with inspiration from the 50+ poems posted for the Nyack Library’s 2nd annual Poetry Walk. Register on Meetup.
Arbor Day at River Hook Preserve
Saturday April 30 at 11am – 2pm. Join me for a poetry reading in honor of the planting of new trees at this community arts and environment event. Poems from the Nyack Library Poetry Walk are displayed in the meadow as well. Come and enjoy my beautiful village!